Eating a lot of fiber is really important for weight loss. this nutrient is comparatively important than others as it improves digestion, keeps blood sugar levels normal, and helps you stay full. the recommended daily intake of this nutrient is 25-30 grams which is kind of impossible target to achieve except if you binge only on apples and beans. today we have got some amazing tips which will help you sneak in more fiber in your daily routine. check them out now –
a) make spinach your best friend
spinach is a green vegetable with a mild flavor and is easy to use in anything you eat. 1 cup of spinach has 1 gram of fiber but you can have a lot of it without feeling too filled which gives you enough opportunity to sneak in fiber. put this veggie into smoothies, salads, sandwiches, soup, egg scrambles and pastas.
b) opt for oats & nuts
forget about breadcrumbs and coat your vegetables and chicken in nuts. simply start including nuts into all your desired foods. this will not only make the dish tasty but also load it with fiber. if you don’t like nuts use oats instead which is yet another fiber-packed option.
c) replace chips with popcorn
can you believe that 1 cup of corn has about 12 grams of fiber. also, 1 cup of popcorn has 1 gram fiber with only 32 calories. you would love this snacking option as it is both crunchy and salty while being lower in both calories and saturated fats in comparison to other savory snacks like chips and pretzels.
d) how about you have an avocado for a dessert?
does it sound weird? even if it does believe us it surely tastes amazing. avocado has a creamy, dairy-like texture that makes it the perfect replacement for everything from ice cream to popsicles. your desserts will not only be tastier but they will be loaded with fiber too as 1/2 of an avocado has 6 grams of fiber in it.
e) chia seeds are a great source of fiber
these tiny seeds are amazing as they are packed with fiber and are extremely easy to incorporate into just about anything. add them to your favorite puddings, muffins, pancakes, scones, or blend them into your next smoothie or juice. 1 tbsp of chia seeds has about 10 grams of fiber.
f) stick with whole grain products.
when it comes to carbs, it is recommended to opt for those coming from whole grains. it is because they are good fats that are high in both proteins and fiber. whole grain products are tasty and readily available like whole grain breads, pastas, and many more.
g) beans are a great source of fiber
this is the most expected item on this list. beans are loaded with fiber, 1 cup of chickpeas has 12g of fiber. beans can added to your daily nutrition easily in form of salads, soups, gravies or even roasted!
try these smart ways to sneak in fiber in your routine and get the best results in desired duration. also download mevo app now to get delectable fiber rich recipes –
app store – https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/mevo-weight-loss-fitness/id1082646969?mt=8
play store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mevolife.mevo
As we all know, yoga is a very effective way of losing weight. it has tremendous proven benefits, which is the reason why everybody thinks about trying it once and once tried, it surely hooks them up. you can't ignore the end number of positive changes you start finding in yourself once you adapt it and make it a part of your routine. there are various poses or asanas that have a great impact on weight loss and today we will discuss in detail about halasana. hala means plough and asana means pose and hence is also known as plough pose and if you do it everyday, you will be amazed to see the way your body transforms. when i learnt it from an expert, it was very difficult to perform as i could not sustain it for more than 30 seconds. but with time, practice, and dedication i can now do it for more than a minute. see how you can do it too..
how to do it?
1. firstly you need to lie down on your back and keep your feet flat on the floor.
2. secondly, place your arms by your side and bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor. slowly raise your legs from the hips. place your hands on your hips as you raise it and use them as support.
3. now slowly bend your legs at the hips and try to touch the floor behind your head with your toes and straighten your hands so they are flat on the floor. exhale while you go up.
4. to return to the lying position, gently roll your back onto the floor, inhale while you come down. do not drop down suddenly as this might bring injury to your back.
5. hold this position for 1-2 minutes depending how much can you sustain. with practice, you can go on for long.
6. repeat this for 3-5 times for better results!
how can you benefit from halasana?
1. it cures constipation and stomach disorders.
2. halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat but for that you need to practice it regularly.
3. it also helps to cure bloating.
4. it normalizes high blood pressure.
5. menstrual disorders in women are cured.
6. it helps to maintain the blood sugar levels in your body.
7. it helps to keep your backbone flexible and strong and hence will help you to perform better during your other set of workouts.
8. with a broad shoulder and a trim waist, it gives a sleek look.
who should not perform this asana?
1. avoid doing halasana during your menstruation period.
2. once you find out that you are pregnant, you should stop doing halasana.
3. people with hernia, high bp and back problems should avoid it too.