As we all know, yoga is a very effective way of losing weight. It has tremendous proven benefits, which is the reason why everybody thinks about trying it once and once tried, it surely hooks them up. You can't ignore the end number of positive changes you start finding in yourself once you adapt it and make it a part of your routine. There are various poses or asanas that have a great impact on weight loss and today we will discuss in detail about HALASANA. Hala means PLOUGH and Asana means POSE and hence is also known as plough pose and if you do it everyday, you will be amazed to see the way your body transforms. When I learnt it from an expert, it was very difficult to perform as I could not sustain it for more than 30 seconds. But with time, practice, and dedication I can now do it for more than a minute. See how you can do it too..
How to do it?
1. Firstly you need to lie down on your back and keep your feet flat on the floor.
2. Secondly, place your arms by your side and bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor. Slowly raise your legs from the hips. Place your hands on your hips as you raise it and use them as support.
3. Now slowly bend your legs at the hips and try to touch the floor behind your head with your toes and straighten your hands so they are flat on the floor. Exhale while you go up.
4. To return to the lying position, gently roll your back onto the floor, inhale while you come down. Do not drop down suddenly as this might bring injury to your back.
5. Hold this position for 1-2 minutes depending how much can you sustain. With practice, you can go on for long.
6. Repeat this for 3-5 times for better results!
How can you benefit from Halasana?
1. It cures constipation and stomach disorders.
2. Halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat but for that you need to practice it regularly.
3. It also helps to cure bloating.
4. It normalizes high blood pressure.
5. Menstrual disorders in women are cured.
6. It helps to maintain the Blood Sugar Levels in your body.
7. It helps to keep your backbone flexible and strong and hence will help you to perform better during your other set of workouts.
8. With a broad shoulder and a trim waist, it gives a sleek look.
Who should not perform this Asana?
1. Avoid doing Halasana during your menstruation period.
2. Once you find out that you are pregnant, you should stop doing Halasana.
3. People with hernia, high BP and back problems should avoid it too.