5 Habits that make your Workout Less Effective!
You’ve been religious about working out. You can’t remember the last time you ate a slice of chocolate cake. You’ve taken the advice of friends, you’ve tried every miracle tip, you’ve attempted every belly fat burning exercise, but when you get on the scales, the needle doesn’t budge – it’s almost like it’s glued in place. It’s easy to get disheartened, but don’t give up. Ask yourself these questions and you may just find the culprit responsible for your weight loss plateau.
1. How realistic are my expectations? Have you eaten one healthy meal and are wondering how much weight you’ve lost? Diet and exercise are a long road to fitness and a lifelong commitment. If you’re expecting instant results, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.
2. How focused is my workout? Do you walk on the treadmill while catching up on the latest gossip with a friend? Or do spend your time at the gym trying to catch the eye of a cute guy who doesn’t even know you exist? A focused workout is a good workout. Your workout will be more effective if you tune into some upbeat music, plug in the headphones, and switch off from distractions.
3. Is my workout demanding enough? Are you pushing yourself enough? Is your workout intensive enough to work up a good sweat and leave you feeling tired, but energetic? If you don’t feel wiped out after your workout, you clearly aren’t doing enough.
4. How varied is my workout? Are you stuck in a rut, doing the same workout day after day? While it’s not a bad thing to get moving and get your heart pumping, lack of variation in the intensity, duration, and type of workout could be resulting in a weight loss plateau.
5. What is my post-workout routine? If you’re like me, exercise makes you as hungry as a wolf. Are you negating all your efforts by digging into calorie-rich snacks after your workout? Plan ahead and have something healthy and nutritious within reach when you’re finished exercising.
It can be frustrating and confusing when your best intentions and maximum efforts do not yield the weight loss results you were hoping for. Lack of motivation can be a big setback to your weight loss plan. Optimizing your workout and tweaking your regimen with these tips might be just what you need to get those stubborn pounds melting off.
leave a comment
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam