Does Oat Bran Help Weight Loss?
Oatmeal is not new word for people who are willing to lose weight as it has been a comfort staple breakfast for generations but what remains hidden under the layers is the most versatile and nutritious component of oats – BRAN! Bran is extremely high in a unique type of fiber known as beta-glucan which is not only good for weight loss but also beholds many other health benefits.It is strange to acknowledge and believe that a bowl of oat bran contains about 50% more fiber than the same size of oatmeal which automatically makes it clear that it is more effective in managing cholesterol levels and has higher contribution towards boosting the weight loss process. In terms of calories also oat bran wins the race as it has only 66 calories in a 3/4 cup serving in comparison to 124 calories in same size bowl of oatmeal. Oat bran also has more antioxidants, protein, calcium, iron, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, magnesium, and zinc than oatmeal.
Oat bran is a powerful slimming food. Apart from being low in calories and high in fiber the other properties which enrich this super food are –
1. Satiating power – Oat bran keeps you satiated for long, which is because as soon as you intake it, it absorbs the liquid and expands up to 25 times making you full, quite fast. Not only this it keeps you full for longer duration, which ultimately helps in cutting down the unnecessary calories between the meals!
2. Intestinal calorie loss – Oat bran blocks the absorption of calories from the intestine. The simple working of this funda is that when you eat food, it is broken down in individual components – carbs, proteins, etc. The calories released from these components are then absorbed into the body. When you consume oat bran, it blends well in the intestine and produce bolus, which is a gel-like substance. Bolus then absorbs the nutrient breakdown and the pulp together helps to flush out the calorie-dense components of fats, glucose, and amino acids out of the body through the stool. Overall this process is helpful in slowing down the assimilation of sugar and removes extra calories from the body!
Simplest ways to make it a part of your daily diet!
Confused about the right way to have it? Here’s how you can make it a part of your daily routine without making any extra efforts-
1. Add 30% in your oatmeal
2. Add a tbsp in your yogurt or smoothie
3. Mix in your omelet
4. Sprinkle it on salad
5. Mix it in a soup or stew
6. Add it to your bowl of porridge
7. Use it as a key ingredient in muffins or pancakes
So when trying to shed off those extra pounds don’t forget to include this fiber- rich food in your diet. This will be a big help to lose weight as it will increase the satiety value, curb appetite and regulate blood sugar levels. Just remember to combine a daily dose of bran with a blend of healthy diet and exercise to make your weight loss journey a sure shot success.
leave a comment
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam