Eat Mushrooms To Loose Weights!
Across the globe, mushrooms are considered to be a very healthy vegetable. While some people have it because of its delicious taste and others prefer it for its medicinal qualities. Can you believe the fact that a 3 oz of portabella mushroom cap provides more potassium than banana or an orange. Let’s checkout the nutritional benefits of this amazing vegetable in detail:
1. Mushrooms are a great source of lean proteins since they are low in carbs and have no cholesterol at all. Furthermore, mushrooms play an active role in balancing the cholesterol level between LDL (bad) and HDL (good) which is important to prevent various cardiovascular diseases like artherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
2. Mushrooms are a good source of iron too which makes it a natural cure for people who are suffering with anemia. Over 90% of the nutritive iron value can be absorbed by the body, which promotes the formation of red blood cells and keeps people healthy and functioning at their full potential.
3. Mushrooms are a powerhouse of antioxidants namely selenium, ergothioneine, etc. Ergothioneine, which is unique to mushrooms is effective in providing protection from free radicals as well as boosting the immune system.
4. Vitamin D is rarely found in vegetables but this one has this nutrient also. This essential vitamin facilitates the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorous. Mushrooms also contains a good amount of these two nutrients, so this effective combination in one vegetable, makes it a good idea to eat them whenever possible.
5. As highlighted above mushrooms are a rich source of calcium, which makes it important for the formation and strength of bones. Regular supply of calcium in the diet can reduce the chances of diseases like osteoporosis, and can also reduce joint pain and general lack of mobility that is associated with bone degradation.
Mushrooms & Weight Loss
Along with the benefits of having mushrooms highlighted above, would you believe me if I said that a completely lean protein diet is ideal for losing fat and building muscle mass? Well, believe it or not, it’s true. They are an ideal food for people who are aiming for weight loss as they contain almost – no fat, no sugar, and no salt but are a valuable source of dietary fiber. Further they contain a lot of water around 80-90%, making them low in energy density. Foods that are low in energy density don’t contain many calories per gram which can help you lose weight.
Use as Part of a Healthy Diet
From the above highlighted points it can be inferred that adding mushrooms in your daily diet helps in increasing the fiber intake leading to weight loss, fighting high cholesterol and lowering the risk of heart diseases. Following listed are some of the simplest ways you can include this wonder vegetable in you routine without much of an effort:
1. Grilled mushrooms
2. Use them as pizza toppings
3. Add to your favorite soups
4. Roasted mushrooms as side snacks
5. Sandwich fillin
After reading the amazing benefits we are sure that you will be compelled enough to add some mushrooms to your daily meals to ensure that you do not miss out on them!
leave a comment
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam