Spicy Chickpeas with Spinach & Coconut Cream
Today’s earlier post of Avocados motivated us to cook something with the super food. Since avocados weren’t available in the Mevo kitchen, we thought to cook something different with the available super foods – Chickpeas & Spinach. After juggling with multiple ideas, we settled for “Spicy Chickpeas with Spinach and Coconut Cream.” It was something like a one pot meal and to our surprise the dish tasted delectable. The addition of spinach elevated the flavors of this dish to the next level. We added a little bit of coconut cream towards the end to really hit those spicy notes. The dish was delicious and we are doing it again sometime soon for sure. It was really easy to make and looked outstanding too. Check out the recipe and you must try this one for dinner today:-
Chickpeas – 1 bowl ( boiled)
Coconut Cream – 2 Tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Fresh Spinach – 200 grams
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 1 clove
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
1. In a food processor, combine garlic,ginger, chilli flakes, pepper, curry powder, with little bit of water to make a paste.
2. In a large pan, heat oil and and add the paste in it and saute it for 30 seconds.
3. Next, add the spinach (finely chopped) and stir if for a minute and cover the pan for around 20 seconds. Let all the water evaporate and once that is done, add the boiled chickpeas in this mixture
4. Last step is to add the coconut cream and cook this for 7-10 minutes.
5. Eat hot at room temperature.
Calories per serving – 389kcal, Carbs 26g, Fat 22g, Protein 14g
leave a comment
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam